The Beach in Santiago, San Francisco
The Beach Front Resort
How to get to Camotes Island
- Book a ticket to Camotes Island via fast craft ferries. At Pier 1, OceanJet plies to these destinations daily with scheduled trips at 6 am, 10 am, and 3 pm. There are also trips from Danao port from 6 am, and 9 am at Pier 2, and 1pm at Oanu Wharf.
- At Poro port, there are different public vehicles that can take you to your accommodation site. Consuelo port also serves as a gateway to the island, especially those that will be coming from Danao.
- Gutapay and Pilar are your gateways to Leyte and Ormoc via a passenger pump boat.
Nearby Tourist Attractions
Points to Consider
- You can buy your ticket on the day of your trip to Camotes Island. Make sure you have enough time to avoid missing your preferred trip. Take a taxi to get there faster.
- Look for Hever Gonzaga, a multicab driver/tour guide in the area. He is an honest man for returning the wallet I left on his multicab. His mobile number is 09068271736.
- Ask the driver that takes you to your accommodation site to be your tour guide. They have a laminated collage photo of the places you can visit. The standard tour rate is P500 both for individual and group. It can go lower if you only go for the nearer sites.
- Likewise, the same driver can take you back to Poro or Consuelo (if going back to Cebu) or Gutapay or Pilar (if going to Ormoc). There is a daily trip at 5 am via Jomalia Shipping Line and at 12 noon via M/B Junmar. These vessels take this route: Gutapay-Pilar-Ormoc.